Everyone’s Chance to Care.
Welcome to the Monterey County Family to Family (F2F) Website. F2F is a family-centered, neighborhood-based approach with the primary goal of improving the lives of children and families. Through F2F, we are joining hands with Monterey County neighborhoods to create local environments supporting families involved in the child welfare system. We believe that….
- Children’s safety is paramount,
- Children belong in families,
- Families need strong communication,
- We need partners with the community to achieve strong outcomes for children.
Share the responsibility of caring for our community’s children with us.
Our goal is to:
- Develop culturally sensitive family foster care networks in the communities where the children live.
- Meet the needs of more children in relative or family foster care rather than in institutional care.
- Recruit enough qualified and nurturing foster families to meet the children’s needs.
- Reunite families as soon as it is safe, not on the basis of the system’s timeframes.
- Better assess children for services that would allow them to safely remain home.
Whether you are interested in becoming a Foster or Adoptive Parent or supporting our families and children in other ways, the place to start is by attending one of the Information Meetings held in Monterey County. These meetings are regularly offered in Salinas.
Please refer to our calendar for information meeting dates and times.